HBase, mail # user - HBase Negation or NOT operator

RE: HBase Negation or NOT operator
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-09-17, 16:08
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix to your help. It is worth taking a look at least.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Ashwin Jain [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: HBase Negation or NOT operator

Hello All,

Does HBase not support an SQL NOT operator on complex filters? I would like
to filter out whatever matches a complex nested filter.

my use case is to parse a query like this(below) and build a HBase filter
from it.
(field1=value1 AND NOT ((field2=value2 OR field3=value3) AND field4=value4))

How to go about this , any ideas?  What will be a better approach -
implement a custom filter that excludes a row qualified by another filter
or to convert input query into an opposite query.

Thanks,
Ashwin

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.