Hive >> mail # user >> Can a bucket be added to a partition?

Re: Can a bucket be added to a partition?
I tried this interesting idea but also felt a little confusing.

I guess you'll need to change the table schema so that it has both buckets
and partitions.

And to take advantage of the buckets inside the partitions, for example
using the bucket map join, you'll need to specify one particular partition
of the table. Seems HIVE-3171 has fixed this problem, but I'm still not
very clear how two partitioned tables can be joined using bucket map join?
Do they need the same partition keys and bucket keys, and then Hive will do
partition-wise join as well as bucket-wise join?

Jie