Hadoop, mail # dev - Heads up wrt last upgrade-able version on 0.23

+
Eli Collins 2012-03-23, 23:43
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-03-24, 00:09
Re: Heads up wrt last upgrade-able version on 0.23
Tsz Wo Sze 2012-03-24, 00:05
+1

Nicholas
----- Original Message -----
From: Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 4:43 PM
Subject: Heads up wrt last upgrade-able version on 0.23

Hey gang,

I filed HDFS-3137 so that the 0.23 releases would only support
upgrades from Hadoop version 0.18 or later.  People on versions before
0.18 (don't think there are many, if any, people running these) would
have to upgrade to a version like 1.0 and then upgrade again from
there if they wanted to move to 0.23.  I think that should be fine but
wanted to call it out here, give people an opportunity to chime in on
the jira.

The motivation is that I'd like to do some HDFS cleanup to enable
another change that would break v0.17 and earlier.

Thanks,
Eli
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-03-24, 00:03