MapReduce >> mail # user >> How to installl FUSE with Hadoop 1.0.x?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-08, 16:30
+
Harsh J 2013-02-08, 16:49
Re: How to installl FUSE with Hadoop 1.0.x?
Hi Harsh,

I have installed all the dependencies, but I'm trying to build the
amd64 version, and I think it's not working because there is some
hardcoded parameters for 32 bits.

I tried to apply this patch to 1.0.3, but of course it's not working.
To many differences.

I was able to make good progress, but I'm still stuck at ant
compile-contrib -Dlibhdfs=1 -Dfusedfs=1 with:
     [exec] gcc  -Wall -O3
-L/home/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.3-src/hadoop-common-1.0.3/build/libhdfs
-lhdfs -L/lib -lfuse -L/usr/local/jdk1.7.0_05//jre/lib/amd64/server
-ljvm  -o fuse_dfs fuse_dfs.o fuse_options.o fuse_trash.o
fuse_stat_struct.o fuse_users.o fuse_init.o fuse_connect.o
fuse_impls_access.o fuse_impls_chmod.o fuse_impls_chown.o
fuse_impls_create.o fuse_impls_flush.o fuse_impls_getattr.o
fuse_impls_mkdir.o fuse_impls_mknod.o fuse_impls_open.o
fuse_impls_read.o fuse_impls_release.o fuse_impls_readdir.o
fuse_impls_rename.o fuse_impls_rmdir.o fuse_impls_statfs.o
fuse_impls_symlink.o fuse_impls_truncate.o fuse_impls_utimens.o
fuse_impls_unlink.o fuse_impls_write.o
     [exec] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhdfs

I think it's because the .so is not properly generated at the previous step.

I will give a try to bigtop and see if I have more luck.

JM