Hive, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

+
Alan Gates 2012-11-02, 20:52
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-05, 04:35
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-06, 17:55
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-07, 04:06
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-12, 17:02
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-15, 06:22
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-03, 23:22
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-13, 19:59
+
Travis Crawford 2012-12-14, 01:31
+
Namit Jain 2012-12-14, 03:59
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-14, 18:05
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-18, 21:13
+
Travis Crawford 2012-12-19, 01:36
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-19, 19:33
+
Namit Jain 2012-12-20, 04:23
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-12-20, 13:58
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-20, 22:02
Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
Ashish Thusoo 2012-12-20, 23:56
We are certainly not marketeers and no one as far as I know is teeing up
for such a campaign. The intent here is certainly not to claim how great
HCatalog is or how great Hive is. The intent here is to see what is best
for the project and how great both are together.

Ashish
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Carl Steinbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Would the project not benefit in the long run if Hcat is
> > brought in and some day becomes the default metastore for Hive.
>

> Folks, can we please try to keep this straight? HCatalog on its own does
> not provide any support for metadata. It is a set of wrapper APIs that make
> Hive's metastore and serdes accessible to Pig and MR. I think these
> wrappers provide a lot of value, and I'm eager to see them merged into
> Hive, but I'm dreading the marketing campaign that I suspect will follow:
> "Hive now supports metadata thanks to HCatalog!".

+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-12-27, 05:22
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-12-27, 05:18