HBase, mail # dev - Switching to source releases (was 0.94 rc vote)

Switching to source releases (was 0.94 rc vote)
Todd Lipcon 2012-05-02, 05:34
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Todd.
>
> I agree with doing source code releases going forward.
>
> For that, would it be sufficient to just vote against an SVN tag?
> Tarballs can then be pulled straight from that tag.

Voting on a tarball is still useful, since we can verify md5sum and provide
signatures. Part of the verification should involve diffing vs the svn tag
to make sure it matches up with the expected tag/revision.

-Todd