MapReduce, mail # user - hadoop imbalanced topology

hadoop imbalanced topology
Jameson Li 2013-01-28, 15:29
Hi,

Is it right that hadoop Network Topology design treat an imbalanced
topology as an invalid topology?

This is mentioned here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4095(TestJobInProgress#testLocalityuses
a bogus topology.)
said:"(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12345251/Rack_aware_HDFS_proposal.pdf)
which does not support imbalanced topology. "

But when I re-read the desigh pdf, there just draw a balanced topology but
really not mentioned it will not support imbalanced topology.

Also I found this JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8159(NetworkTopology: getLeaf
should check for invalid topologies).

Just no why for my question, because of the design(Right?):
*Why below is a invalid topology(except imbalanced), for hadoop rack
awareness:*
*serverA /default-rack    ##default rack*
*serverB /dc1/rack2    ##actually the node has a pre "dc1"*
*Should all of the hadoop datanode have the same level number? If not,
there will be some issues for namenode and jt(like scheduler deadlock)?*

专注于Mysql,MSSQL,Oracle,Hadoop
+
Harsh J 2013-01-28, 16:16