Avro >> mail # user >> Schema evolution and projection

+
Chris Laws 2013-02-28, 13:21
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-28, 17:53
+
Douglas Creager 2013-02-28, 21:01
+
Chris Laws 2013-02-28, 21:13
+
Douglas Creager 2013-02-28, 22:38
+
Chris Laws 2013-03-01, 01:50
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-03-01, 13:53
+
Chris Laws 2013-03-01, 22:26
+
Douglas Creager 2013-03-01, 23:34
+
Chris Laws 2013-03-02, 02:05
+
Doug Cutting 2013-03-01, 22:47
+
Doug Cutting 2013-03-01, 01:30
Re: Schema evolution and projection
Totally! This kind of information is really hard to find in a form that is
suitable for new comers trying to understand how to use the avro-c API.
This area in particular is pretty confusing.
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This example is great!  Should we add it to Apache Avro?
>
> Doug
>
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Douglas Creager
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Thanks for the informative reply. I look forward to the example code,
> >> that is exactly what I'm after.
> >>
> >> I'm really struggling with my schema evolution testing. I thought I'd
> >> post a question about schema projection because it seemed simpler but I
> >> guess it also rests on creating a resolver. I have not found a clear and
> >> simple example of how to do it using avro-c. I've trawled the test code
> >> for examples but as I mention I can't find a clear and simple example.
> >
> > Alrighty, here you go:
> >
> > http://dcreager.github.com/avro-examples/resolved-writer.html
> >
> > And a git repo with the source code:
> >
> > https://github.com/dcreager/avro-examples/tree/master/resolved-writer
> >
> > I hope this helps — please let me know if you have any other questions.
> >
> > cheers
> > –doug

+
Chris Laws 2013-03-01, 01:14