HBase, mail # user - Starting Region Server with HBase API

+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-04-19, 12:15
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 13:18
+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-04-19, 14:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 16:08
+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-04-19, 16:34
Re: Starting Region Server with HBase API
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 17:30
Can you tell us a bit more about your requirement ?

Looks like you want to control the cluster size (number of region servers
in particular). Once the requirement is outlined, we can think of formal
way to address it.

Thanks

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Mehmet Simsek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Security isn't necessary for us.We want to start region server in java
> application.
>
> How can we do?
>
> Mehmet Şimşek
>
> On 19 Nis 2013, at 19:08, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > By java application I assume it is an HBase client.
> > Is your HBase cluster secure ?
> >
> > How you thought about security implication of allowing client app to
> start
> > region server ?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Mehmet Simsek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Can I use script to start region server in java application starting in
> >> windows platform?

+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-04-20, 08:55
+