Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Eli Collins 2012-08-21, 23:13
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think everyone is in agreement that
>> yarn, like the other subprojects, will have it's own set of
>> committers
>
> Yes, that is unfortunately the status quo in Hadoop, since the vote to
> combine these sets failed in August of 2010:
>
> http://s.apache.org/15r
>
> Perhaps it's time to revisit that decision?

Sure, how about a vote between:

1. The status quo (distinct MR and HDFS committers where MR includes YARN)
2. Distinct MR, HDFS and YARN committers
3. Combine MR, YARN, HDFS committers