HBase, mail # user - How to rename table's family name

Re: How to rename table's family name
Andrey Stepachev 2011-01-09, 20:29
2011/1/9 Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> To respond to Andrey, you seem to be asking about the old issue
> HBASE-68.  It hasn't seen much attention of late.  Its more about
> saving space rather than facilitating rename (though the latter is a
> legit case).

Thanks. But saving space is not an issue. Really renaming with going
offline (rename table) or reload data (rename cf) is issue (especially in
case of live data migration on version upgrade on production cluster).