Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Hive >> mail # user >> namenode starting error


Copy link to this message
-
Re: namenode starting error
this is because you are you are not able to contact the namenode as it
is not running.not only -ls, none of the Hdfs command will work in
such a situation..was your NN stopped after getting started, or it
didn't start even once??Can you paste your logs here??

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM, soham sardar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No i guess it still doesnt serve the purpose actually i mean the error is
> hduser@XPS-L501X:/home/soham/cloudera/hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.0.0/etc/hadoop$
> hadoop fs -ls
> 12/06/20 15:03:51 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 0 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:52 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 1 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:53 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 2 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:54 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 3 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:55 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 4 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:56 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 5 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:57 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 6 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:58 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 7 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:03:59 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 8 time(s).
> 12/06/20 15:04:00 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 9 time(s).
> ls: Call From XPS-L501X/127.0.0.1 to localhost:54310 failed on
> connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused;
> For more details see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused
>
> can u just specify what exactly the configurations i must check that
> might cause this problem
> till now i have added properties into core-site.xml hdfs-site.xml
> yarn-site.xml.......
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> change the line "127.0.1.1" in your /etc/hosts file to
>> "127.0.0.1"..Also check if there is any problem with the configuration
>> properties.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Mohammad Tariq
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM, soham sardar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> the thing is i have updated my JAVA_HOME in both .bashrc and hadoop-env.sh
>>>
>>>
>>> now the problem is when i try
>>> jps is the output is
>>>
>>> 6113 NodeManager
>>> 6799 DataNode
>>> 7562 Jps
>>> 7104 SecondaryNameNode
>>> 5728 ResourceManager
>>>
>>> and now except namenode ,all other nodes are working and when i try to give
>>>
>>> hadoop fs -ls
>>>
>>> hduser@XPS-L501X:/home/soham/cloudera/hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.0.0/sbin$ hadoop fs -ls
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:14 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 0 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:15 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 1 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:16 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 2 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:17 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 3 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:18 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 4 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:19 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 5 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:20 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 6 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:21 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 7 time(s).
>>> 12/06/20 14:45:22 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
>>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 8 time(s).