There is an effort to get some of these changes back into the main Avro
project, but it hasn't gotten very far yet. There's a pull request open to
get the initial round of .NET Standard/Core support into the main project:
https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/307.

There was also some talk of establishing some people as maintainers of the
C# portion of the project back in May, but there hasn't been any movement
on that so far. (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/avro-dev/201805.mbox/%3CCAGHyZ6KOqye_ignsYxc%3DWWLexs0D_PC-JUTR_YgbVpH%2BmmhSEw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
)

Since my projects need the changes that I've been adding to the C# library,
I've continued to work on my fork and release NuGet packages form it. Once
there's more movement on the C# portion in the main Avro project, I'm happy
to work to integrate some of these changes back into the main project.