I'm having issues with endian converison of 128 bit integers (uuid's in my
case) but the problem is generic

I currently encodes them as "fixed" but that leaves the swapping of bytes
(for endianness) up to the user. I had not given the matter any thought
until we streched some existing 64 bit id's in an existing database to 128
by simply adding 0 in the upper 64 bits. It turns out that the c/c++ and
java versions ar not (of course) compatible.

I think we have the same issue in the spec

The spec exemplifies

serverHash in avro rpc as a md5.

 {"type": "fixed", "name": "MD5", "size": 16}

 java to java this works fine...

What's the best way to tackle this?

/svante