The order of attributes in Json might matter as far as I can remember, so LinkedHashMap might not be replaceable with a concurrenthashmap.
Plus concurrenthashmap is not exactly without concurrency overhead…
I wrote a util that creates a immutable schema https://github.com/zolyfarkas/spf4j/blob/master/spf4j-avro/src/main/java/org/spf4j/avro/schema/Schemas.java#L26 <https://github.com/zolyfarkas/spf4j/blob/master/spf4j-avro/src/main/java/org/spf4j/avro/schema/Schemas.java#L26>
But you would have to use it it conjunction with a unsynchronized avro implementation. (which I do in my fork, and you can do as well).

I wonder if there is interest in merging this into the avro lib someday.

—Z