HBase >> mail # user >> Is it possible to indicate the column scan order when scanning table?

+
yonghu 2013-02-07, 17:23
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-07, 17:29
+
yonghu 2013-02-07, 20:01
Re: Is it possible to indicate the column scan order when scanning table?
CFs are scanned in parallel in HBASE, and each row is built; scanning
entire CF and then building rows by scanning entire different CF wouldn't
scale very well.
Do you filter data on ttl column family?

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM, yonghu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Like a table can contain ttl data and static data without indicating
> ttl. So, I want to first scan the columns which have ttl restrictions
> and later the static columns. The goal that I want to achieve is to
> reduce the data missing due to ttl expiration during the scan.
>
> regards!
>
> Yong
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Can you give us the use case where the scanning order is significant ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM, yonghu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I wonder if it is possible to indicate the column scan order when
> >> scanning table. For example, if I have two column families cf1 and cf2
> >> and I create a scan object. Is the table scanning order of
> >> scan.addFamily(cf1) and   scan.addFamily(cf2) is as same as
> >> scan.addFamily(cf2) and scan.addFamily(cf1)? If it's the same order,
> >> is it possible to indicate the scanning order of table?
> >>
> >> regards!
> >>
> >> Yong

+
Ted Yu 2013-02-07, 21:11