Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Plain View
HBase, mail # dev - 0.95 Error in Connecting


+
David Williams 2013-09-10, 01:19
Copy link to this message
-
Re: 0.95 Error in Connecting
Nicolas Liochon 2013-09-10, 08:41
(redirected user mailing list, dev mailing list in bcc)

Various comments:
- you should not need to add the hadoop jar in your client application pom,
they will come with hbase. But this should not the cause of your issue.
- what does the server say in its logs?
- I'm suprised by this:  Client
environment:zookeeper.version=3.3.2-1031432, built on 11/05/2010 05:32 GMT
   => HBase is built with the version 3.4.5.

May be you can share the code & the logs on pastebin?

Nicolas
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM, David Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a api demo that talks to hbase.  Today I upgraded to 0.95
> to get access to the hbase-client 0.95 libraries.  I unpacked the 0.95
> binaries on my system, and started hbase.  I logged into Hbase shell, and
> checked status etc.  Then I added the client libs for hadoop 1.2.1 and
> hbase 0.95 to my pom.xml and ran a unit test which checks if I can read and
> write a simple test value to a table, which I created before hand.  The
> output is a stack trace and some timeouts.  The ip addresses correspond to
> my machine on the local network.  It then repeats this on the command line.
> What should I try next?  My goal is to simply programmatically read and
> write to a local hbase on Mac OS X running in pseudo distributed mode.
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
>  T E S T S
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Running com.example.hbase.HConnectionTest
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner: JSR-330
> 'javax.inject.Named' annotation found and supported for component scanning
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext:
> Refreshing
> org.springframework.context.annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext@4b40de18:
> startup date [Mon Sep 09 18:06:32 PDT 2013]; root of context hierarchy
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner: JSR-330
> 'javax.inject.Named' annotation found and supported for component scanning
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner: JSR-330
> 'javax.inject.Named' annotation found and supported for component scanning
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext:
> Refreshing
> org.springframework.context.annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext@27c549b9:
> startup date [Mon Sep 09 18:06:32 PDT 2013]; root of context hierarchy
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner: JSR-330
> 'javax.inject.Named' annotation found and supported for component scanning
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor:
> JSR-330 'javax.inject.Inject' annotation found and supported for autowiring
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO support.DefaultListableBeanFactory:
> Pre-instantiating singletons in
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@594f8a87:
> defining beans
> [org.springframework.context.annotation.internalConfigurationAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalAutowiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalRequiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalCommonAnnotationProcessor,config,org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.importAwareProcessor,properties,hTablePool,appHealthCheck,healthCheck,validate,jsonProvider,submit,hConnection,jaxRsServer,cxf,hadoopConfiguration,jaxRsApiApplication,decode];
> root of factory hierarchy
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Client
> environment:zookeeper.version=3.3.2-1031432, built on 11/05/2010 05:32 GMT
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Client environment:host.name
> =10.14.49.129
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Client
> environment:java.version=1.7.0_25
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Client
> environment:java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
> 13/09/09 18:06:32 INFO zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Client
> environment:java.home=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
+
Stack 2013-09-10, 19:11