A big +1 from me as well. We have not touched or updated the existing UI for quite some time, which is a bad sign for code health.

I would even be OK with a couple of bigger initial code dumps. I am not really a web-developer, so a working piece of code to play around with would probably be the fastest way to get up to speed with the tech and its usage in Aurora.

Thanks a lot for driving this, David!

On 21.07.17, 07:00, "Kai Huang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    David - Sure, let's sync on the work when you are ready.

    ________________________________
    From: David McLaughlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 14:10
    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Subject: Re: Redesign of the Aurora UI

    Thanks for the feedback!

    Joshua - I haven't tried to drop in Preact yet, but I was also planning to
    throw away the prototype and starting again when it came to upstreaming it,
    so as part of that we can just address incompatibilities as we go. If I was
    to guess, then the only significant impact on my prototype would probably
    be the reactable plugin I was using (replacement for Angular's
    smart-table). But longer term I do have concerns about moving away from
    what is a constantly improving and healthy ecosystem around React. So most
    likely I'll hold off until a decision is made there one way or the other
    (which should be within a week).

    Kai - I'd be happy to coordinate and collaborate on this with others. Let
    me try and finish up the CSS/UX of the pages in my prototype and from there
    we can sync on who does what. Does that sound good?