HBase >> mail # user >> Memory distribution for Hadoop/Hbase processes

Memory distribution for Hadoop/Hbase processes
Hi,
I have configured Hbase in pseudo distributed mode with HDFS as underlying
storage.I am not using map reduce framework as of now
I have 4GB RAM.
Currently i have following distribution of memory

Data Node,Name Node,Secondary Name Node each :1000MB(default HADOOP_HEAPSIZE
property)

Hmaster - 512 MB
HRegion - 1536 MB
Zookeeper - 512 MB

So total heap allocation becomes - 5.5 GB which is absurd as my total RAM
is only 4 GB , but still the setup is working fine on production. :-0

My questions are :
1) How this thing is working ?
2) I just have one table whose size at present is about 10-15 GB , so what
should be ideal memory distribution ?
--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain