Avro >> mail # user >> Can serialized Avro records be efficiently compared without deserializing?

Can serialized Avro records be efficiently compared without deserializing?
Imagine I use Avro to serialize an object (without loss of generality let's
say an array of longs). I'm curious if it is possible to compare those
arrays without deserializing... ie look at the bytes in memory or on disk,
and do the comparison based on those bytes (ie the raw comparison that
Hadoop does in the shuffle sort).

I poked around the documentation but wasn't sure where to look.

Thanks for your help!
Jon