Hive, mail # user - RE: New Learner for Haddop and Hive

+
Babu, Prashanth 2012-09-07, 10:15
RE: New Learner for Haddop and Hive
Ajit Kumar Shreevastava 2012-09-07, 10:21
Hi,
I have Apace Hadoop 0.20.2 installed on Cygwin (on Windows 7). Hadoop is working fine through SSHD on Cygwin. After installing Hadoop, I have installed Hive 0.8.1 following the standard installation instructions. $HADOOP_HOME and $HIVE_HOME are both exported to PATH.

The problem I am facing is that when I type bin/hive from $HIVE_HOME I get the Hive (hive>) prompt. But when I type in something (e.g. SHOW TABLES; etc) there is no output. The cursor simply keeps on blinking.

I have tried some patches (e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-344) but it has not helped. Can somebody help?

Thanks,

Ajit

Regards,
Ajit

From: Babu, Prashanth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 3:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; hdfs-user
Subject: RE: New Learner for Haddop and Hive

Ajit,

Please follow the guidelines as mentioned by Bertrand.

Apart from that, What is the output of
hive> show tables;

Does it display anything?
If not, what is the message or stacktrace you see on the console?

Also, post your Hadoop Environment details like what is the version of Hadoop, Hive, etc you are using etc and also the OS info, which will help the community to understand the issue better.