MapReduce >> mail # user >> which hadoop version to use

+
Cheng, Yi 2013-05-17, 23:41
+
John Lilley 2013-05-17, 23:49
+
Cheng, Yi 2013-05-17, 23:54
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-18, 00:01
Re: which hadoop version to use
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Cheng, Yi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Since I would like to develop and debug and test on my windows (eclipse) and
> deploy to linux.

What OS will be deployed to the nodes of your cluster? If that's Linux,
the choices for you boil down to:
    * Hadoop 1.X (current stable version 1.2.0)
    * Hadoop 2.X (current alpha version is 2.0.4-alpha)

Personally, I'd go with 2.x. But it depends a lot on your needs
and use cases.

Thanks,
Roman.