HBase, mail # dev - A couple of unit tests may be using a data dir of /tmp/hbase-${user}

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-07, 18:00
Re: A couple of unit tests may be using a data dir of /tmp/hbase-${user}
Stack 2013-01-07, 19:32
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There was a failure of TestLocalHBaseCluster in
> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/3879 that I was able
> reproduce locally, but what I think this means is a couple of tests are
> using a data dir of /tmp/hbase-${user}.
>
> I bumped HFileV2.MAX_MINOR_VERSION to 3, then ran tests. Later I changed it
> back to 2 after review advice from Ted. TestLocalHBaseCluster then started
> failing because some HFiles with a version of 2.3 remained in the
> filesystem under /tmp/hbase-${user} from earlier tests and could not be
> read in by current tests. The precommit builds don't save the test logs so
> I can't confirm if what is going on up on Jenkins is the same thing, but I
> suspect so.
>
> I'm not sure if JUnit or Surefire can support a global post test action,
> but I'll look into it. I want to test for the existence
> of /tmp/hbase-${user} after a unit test has run and if so fail it to flag
> it as an offender.

See
./hbase-common/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/ResourceChecker.java

Is it hdfs that is putting the files in /tmp?

St.Ack
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-01-07, 19:38
+