I am writing an application that includes a custom object.  One of the
fields is of type Instant and seems to not agree with the version of Kryo
that is used in Apex (see exception below).  I now that kryo 4.X supports
serializing Instant fields, but for the life of me, cannot seem to find a
way to either get Apex to use a newer version of Kryo.  Can anyone help?
Perhaps setting a different streamcodec that uses the newer version of kryo
would work, but I cannot seem to find an example of how to set a different
streamcodec despite references to the two (Kryo and Java) that ship with
Apex.

ERROR com.datatorrent.stram.codec.DefaultStatefulStreamCodec - Catastrophic
Error: Execution halted due to Kryo exception!
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: Class cannot be created (missing
no-arg constructor): java.time.Instant
Serialization trace:
systemTime (com.punchcyber.streaming.pipeline.apex.datatypes.evtx.EvtxEvent)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo$DefaultInstantiatorStrategy.
newInstantiatorOf(Kryo.java:1228)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.newInstantiator(Kryo.java:1049)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.newInstance(Kryo.java:1058)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.FieldSerializer.
create(FieldSerializer.java:547)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.FieldSerializer.
read(FieldSerializer.java:523)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readObjectOrNull(Kryo.java:730)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.ObjectField.read(
ObjectField.java:113)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.FieldSerializer.
read(FieldSerializer.java:528)
at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readClassAndObject(Kryo.java:761)
at com.datatorrent.stram.codec.DefaultStatefulStreamCodec.fromDataStatePair(
DefaultStatefulStreamCodec.java:98)
at com.datatorrent.stram.stream.BufferServerSubscriber$BufferReservoir.
processPayload(BufferServerSubscriber.java:391)
at com.datatorrent.stram.stream.BufferServerSubscriber$
BufferReservoir.sweep(BufferServerSubscriber.java:339)
at com.datatorrent.stram.engine.GenericNode.run(GenericNode.java:269)
at com.datatorrent.stram.engine.StreamingContainer$2.run(
StreamingContainer.java:1429)
--

M. Aaron Bossert
(571) 242-4021