I would like to propose a slightly different approach on having an UI for
The details are below:
1. This involves having an external web-server installed along side of
apexCli. We will basically mimic all the functionalities that apexCli
2. We will develop the necessary REST APIs for fetch/update operations
which apexCli currently supports.
3. Because most of the information and operations needed by a typical
user are already there in apexCli, it will of great help to end users and
which may increase the adoption rate.
About Chinmay's proposal of having the STRAM hosting the apps, please find
my comments below:
1. It may increase load on STRAM if we were to provide real time display
of information. I am aware that apexCli fetches info from STRAM apis but
continuous polling can cause extra over-head.
2. The UI will have limited scope for the particular application. Users
would definitely love to have a comprehensive UI for the management of Apex
Apps as a whole.
3. UI might be able to affect the whole application through STRAM hence
giving direct access to STRAM APIs might not be good idea.
4. Because STRAM can't have a comprehensive UI hosted inside, anyways we
will have to develop an external one.
So I would like propose the plan on action like this.
1. We develop the wrapper UI for apexCli in the first phase and give
user all the management options as REST APIs.
2. If some of information we require are not in the current apexCli
implementation, we can add those feature to apexCli and if required to
STRAM APIs in subsequent phases.
3. In future we can even remove the REST server from STRAM if we could
provide something like MetricsStore functionality which was there in
Thanks and Regards,
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 2:49 AM Vlad Rozov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: