I guess we have a different view on the benefit and cost definition. For
me the benefit of fixing CI build, flaky unit test, severe security
issue is huge for the community and is possibly small (except for a
security issues) for a vendor.

By "creative" I hope you don't mean that other community members, users
and customers send a contributor a gift cards to compensate for the cost
:). For me PR that is blocked on a failed CI build is sufficiently
incentive for a contributor to look into why it fails and fixing it.

Thank you,

Vlad