+1 for website revamp with Jekyll.

Regarding the details:

Documentation is a release artifact that needs to remain decoupled from
other web site content. I would propose to keep the documentation
build/release process out of this effort.

The top level navigation looks a bit crowded. I would suggest to reduce the
number of items. Also, we should discuss what should appear there, to fit
the overall ASF theme.

Thanks