Pig, mail # user - Unable to load data using PigStorage that was previously stored using PigStorage

+
Jerry Lam 2013-04-17, 01:28
Re: Unable to load data using PigStorage that was previously stored using PigStorage
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2013-04-17, 15:57
Hi Jerry,

I would recommend to debug the issue step by step. Just after this line:
A = load 'data.txt' as document:[];
and then right after that:
DESCRIBE A;
DUMP A;
and so on...

To be honest I haven't used maps that much. Just curious, why did you
choose to use them? You can also use regular tuples for storing the
relations. Also you can store the tuples with a schema file.

Ruslan
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 5:28 AM, Jerry Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi pig users,
>
> I tried to load data using PigStorage that was previously stored using
> PigStorage but it failed.
>
> Each line looks like this in the data file that is generated by PigStorage:
> [a#hello,b#{([c#11,d#22]),([c#33,d#44])}]
>
> I did the following:
> A = load 'data.txt' as document:[];
> B = foreach A generate document#'b' as b;
> C = foreach B generate flatten(b);
> dump C;
>
> I expect to see the following output:
> ([c#11,d#22])
> ([c#33,d#44])
>
> Instead, I got:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.pig.data.DataByteArray cannot be
> cast to org.apache.pig.data.DataBag
>
> Anyone encounters this problem before? How can I read the data back?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

+
Jerry Lam 2013-04-17, 17:11