Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo / Hadoop version compatibility matrix

+
Mike Hugo 2013-05-08, 21:15
+
John Vines 2013-05-08, 21:34
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-08, 21:39
+
John Vines 2013-05-08, 21:44
Re: Accumulo / Hadoop version compatibility matrix
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  "It does NOT work against... " these versions without building Accumulo
> against those specific artifacts.
>
> I know for sure that you can run against CDH3u4+ if you build Accumulo
> yourself and provide the necessary options (I think this is written down;
> if not, we need to remedy that). I assume the same to be true for 0.23 and
> 2.

Josh, are you referring to 1.5 or 1.4 here?  Building 1.4 against different
versions of Hadoop would require modifying the poms.

Billie

> On 5/8/13 5:34 PM, John Vines wrote:
>
> For Accumulo 1.4.x we have compatibility with Hadoop 0.20.x -
> hadoop-1.1.x, CDH3u1-3, MapR, and all current releases of HDP. It does NOT
> work against CDH3u4+, CDH4.x, hadoop 0.23.x, and hadoop 2+.
>

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for guidance on what versions of Hadoop will work with
>> Accumulo 1.4.3.  I checked the user manual and aside from indicating that
>> HDFS and Zookeeper are required, it doesn't contain compatible versions.
>>
>>  In particular, I'm interested to know if Accumulo 1.4.3 will work with
>> Hadoop 1.1.2
>>
>>  Does a version compatibility list exist somewhere?
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Mike

+
Josh Elser 2013-05-08, 23:36