Pig >> mail # user >> What is the best way to do counting in pig?

Re: What is the best way to do counting in pig?
Hi,

As it was said, COUNT is algebraic and should be fast, because it
forces combiner. You should make sure that combiner is really used
here. It can be disabled in some situations. I've encountered such
situations many times when a job is tooo heavy in case no combiner is
applied.

Ruslan

--
Best Regards,