HBase >> mail # user >> HBase type support

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-13, 16:42
+
David Koch 2013-03-14, 16:51
+
Michel Segel 2013-03-15, 12:25
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-15, 17:06
+
Michel Segel 2013-03-15, 22:35
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 20:34
Re: HBase type support
Hi David,

Native support for a handful of hashing algorithms has also been discussed.
Do you think these should be supported directly, as opposed to using a
fixed-length String or fixed-length byte[]?

Thanks,
Nick

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM, David Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> As an HBase user I would welcome this addition. In addition to the proposed
> list of datatypes A UUID/GUID type would also be nice to have.
>
> Regards,
>
> /David
>

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to draw your attention to HBASE-8089. The desire is to add type
> > support to HBase. There are two primary objectives: make the lives of
> > developers building on HBase easier, and facilitate better tools on top
> of
> > HBase. Please chime in with any feature suggestions you think we've
> missed
> > in initial conversations.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -n