HBase >> mail # dev >> Proposal: Remove explicit RowLocks in 0.96

+
Gregory Chanan 2012-12-11, 21:52
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-11, 22:00
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-11, 22:37
Re: Proposal: Remove explicit RowLocks in 0.96
I would add another point to the reasoning:

5) Users can build application level rowlocks using HBase's CAS primitives,
or ZooKeeper / Curator recipes (since ZooKeeper is always available in
HBase environments), and these don't suffer the problems mentioned.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)