Pig, mail # user - Resume failed pig script

Resume failed pig script
Russell Jurney 2012-06-16, 02:36
In production I use short Pig scripts and schedule them with Azkaban
with dependencies setup, so that I can use Azkaban to restart long
data pipelines at the point of failure. I edit the failing pig script,
usually towards the end of the data pipeline, and restart the Azkaban
job. This saves hours and hours of repeated processing.

I wish Pig could do this. To resume at its point of failure when
re-run from the command line. Is this feasible?

Russell Jurney
twitter.com/rjurney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
datasyndrome.com