From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] The 1st hbase 0.94.9 release candidate is available for download
Here is my feedback.

- Downloaded the files, checked the signature, uncompressed, checked
changes.txt => Fine
- Checked the documentation => One page not found under "Ref Guide
(multi-page)" link on the index page. Should it be there?
- Ran the test suite on 2 different servers,
TestRegionObserverScannerOpenHook failed 10 times in a row with 8
thread, 4, 2 and 1.
- IntegrationTestLoadAndVerify => REFERENCES_CHECKED=985565 with
0.94.9 and REFERENCES_CHECKED=9855611 with 0.94.8. Don't know what to
deduct.
- integrationTestBigLinkedList => Fine
- HBCK still reporting fine after all those tests.

However, I have this exception many times on the logs, every 3 seconds:

2013-06-24 22:24:01,159 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Closing scanner
for IntegrationTestLoadAndVerify,\xA8k\xCA\x1A\xF2\x86\xBC\x8A,1372126832536.31c325cb8ae32b1ed0f4c4667d787165.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: Region is not
online: IntegrationTestLoadAndVerify,\xA8k\xCA\x1A\xF2\x86\xBC\x8A,1372126832536.31c325cb8ae32b1ed0f4c4667d787165.
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.getRegion(HRegionServer.java:3509)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer$ScannerListener.leaseExpired(HRegionServer.java:2740)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.Leases.run(Leases.java:100)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

- Performed a rolling restart for the RS. 2500 regions to move
around... => Fine. Took 74 minutes. Changed to regoin_mover to
multhread, took 16 minutes.
- Looked at the master and region logs, everything seems to be ok.
- Merged all the regions from a table to a single region.
- Checked HBCK, one issue on one table which is not the one merged.
Issue was not there before the restarts, etc.  Few hbck repairs
repaired everything.
- Logs still good, table merged correctly.
- Triggered a major compaction, got the table splitted back to 36 regions.
- Ran the balalancer, region got spreaded over the nodes. => Fine, but
had to run it twice. First time 50% of the regions stayed assigned to
one RS.
- Stopped, restored my customed balancer, restart, rebalanced => Fine.
- Create table, put, scan, get, disable, drop, balance, list,
truncate_preserve, truncate from shell => Fine
- Ran one MR job (416 mappers), went well, nothing in the logs.

So to summarize: +1 ;) Even is there is 2 things to verify
(TestRegionObserverScannerOpenHook and NotServingRegionException). I
don't think they related to this release.

I will post the performances comparison later tonight or tomorrow.
(Need to add 0.94.8 also since I'm late),

JM