HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Hbase 95 on Hadoop 2. No master znode created in zookeeper

+
Ted Yu 2013-10-10, 17:52
+
Tianying Chang 2013-10-10, 17:59
+
Stack 2013-10-10, 18:09
RE: Hbase 95 on Hadoop 2. No master znode created in zookeeper
Thanks for the information. We will get 96 installed instead.

Thanks
Tian-Ying

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:09 AM
To: Hbase-User
Subject: Re: Hbase 95 on Hadoop 2. No master znode created in zookeeper

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Tianying Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not really. Because we are deploying hadoop2+hbase95 in our production
> cluster. Need to confirm 95 is working fine.

Every announcement related to the 0.95.x series came with this disclaimer:

"Be aware that development series releases are barely-tested product and come with no guarantees.  We make no promises that the next release in this series will be compatible with this one nor even that you will be able to preserve data across the update (This is at an extreme, and highly unlikely, but could be the case).  No work has been done to make it so you can migrate from 0.94.x HBase.  Development series releases are not for production"

For example, see http://search-hadoop.com/m/m2xzau6JWS1 or see the section in the reference guide on odd-numbered development releases: on http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning

Did you miss the above messaging?  How can we help get you on to a 0.96.0RC at least?

Thanks,
St.Ack