Hadoop >> mail # user >> When applying a patch, which attachment should I use?

Re: When applying a patch, which attachment should I use?
Dear Adarsh,

My situation is somewhat different from yours as I am only running Hadoop
and Hbase (as opposed to Hadoop/Hive/Hbase).

But I hope my experience could be of help to you somehow.

I applied the "hdfs-630-0.20-append.patch" to every single Hadoop node.
(including master and slaves)
Then I followed exactly what they told me to do on
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/current/api/overview-summary.html#overview_description
.

I didn't get a single error message and successfully started HBase in a
fully distributed mode.

I am not using Hive so I can't tell what caused the
MasterNotRunningException, but the patch above is meant to  allow DFSClients
pass NameNode lists of known dead Datanodes.
I doubt that the patch has anything to do with MasterNotRunningException.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ed