Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

+
Matt Foley 2012-11-21, 19:15
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-23, 23:40
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-24, 20:13
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-24, 21:26
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-24, 22:03
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-21, 19:25
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 20:46
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 21:33
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 20:00
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-21, 21:14
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 21:50
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-11-21, 23:00
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 23:58
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-22, 09:21
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-22, 01:46
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-22, 01:57
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-21, 21:03
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 21:30
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-21, 21:44
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 23:15
Re: [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Unfortunately, there are a couple of spots where it gets really messy and
directory-wide rules fail to cover it.  The trickiest maintenance issue is
hadoop-hdfs-httpfs, where we unpack and repack a Tomcat.  Initially, I
tried to do this using only the ant plugin, but I wound up with a ton of
different tarfileset directives with different fileMode values to reapply
the same permissions that were present in the original Tomcat distribution.
 This also would have been a brittle solution, because changes in the
Tomcat package would risk invalidating our ant rules.  A solution that
preserves the original permissions reduces this kind of maintenance work.

Thanks,
--Chris

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Radim Kolar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dne 21.11.2012 22:44, Chris Nauroth napsal(a):
>
>  Sorry, to clarify my point a little more, Ant does allow you to make
>> declarations to explicitly set the desired file permissions via the
>> fileMode attribute of a tarfileset.
>>
> there are just 2 directories /bin and /sbin with executable files. Its
> probably possible to set file mode per directory in maven assembly plugin.

+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-22, 01:55
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-22, 02:40