Bigtop, mail # dev - BIGTOP-116 - Systemd

Re: BIGTOP-116 - Systemd
Peter Linnell 2013-06-25, 17:14
On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:54:39 -0700
Sean Mackrory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Congratulations on the new machine, Peter!
>
> I'd love to help out with this, if I can. I don't know how practical
> it is, but I've been hoping that we can do this through a template,
> and put component-specific configuration in the .svc files as much as
> possible (and of course, change the init script template as needed -
> for systems that don't / won't switch to systemd).
>
> Of course if systemd's style just doesn't make that expedient it's not
> necessary, but it would be a nice way to keep things consistent.

Yeah, I thought about that too.  That said, I'm not sure we can use the
template concept, although the one thing about the systemd files is
they have a pretty simple and consistent format.

FYI, we won't touch the existing initscripts if we can avoid it.

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-1.html is a good
place to start getting your head around systemd.

Thanks,
Peter