HBase >> mail # dev >> modularizing trunk

+
Jesse Yates 2012-05-09, 01:31
+
Ted Yu 2012-05-09, 01:51
+
Stack 2012-05-09, 17:43
+
Matt Corgan 2012-05-09, 18:18
+
Stack 2012-05-09, 19:01
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-05-09, 19:06
Re: modularizing trunk
I was worried this discussion around naming might happen. Should I open a
sub-jira on 4336 for how to name the modules, what future modules should
be, etc.?

-Jesse
-------------------
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Matt Corgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >> I'd suggest calling this first module hbase-server since the majority of
> >> the classes are related to the master and regionservers.  Then we can
> pull
> >> out the fundamental classes (KeyValue, Bytes, etc) into a small module
> >> called hbase-core.  After that, we can create an hbase-client module
> that
> >> only depends on hbase-core (so few or no dependencies).  My main point
> >> being that we'll want to reserve the name hbase-core for the actual core
> >> classes and not throw everything in there.
> >>

> > We don't want hbase-common and then hbase-core for sure.
> >
> > The first module rightly should be called hbase-bucket since its just
> > a holding module while we do our sort-through.  Can we figure a name
> > that better conveys the module as so?  hbase-hbase?  hbase-bucket?
> > hbase-99%? hbase-pick-u-part?   hbase-residuum?
>
> hbase-server is as reasonable as any, right?
>
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy

> Hein (via Tom White)

+