Flume >> mail # user >> seeking help on flume cluster deployment

Re: seeking help on flume cluster deployment
Got it!

My first reaction was to use HDFS bolt to write data directly to HDFS, but
couldn't find an implementation for the same. My knowledge is limited for
Storm.
If the data is already flowing through Storm, you got two options
1. Write a bolt to dump data to HDFS
2. Write a Flume bolt using RPC client as recommended in thread, and reuse
Flume's capabilities.

If you already have Flume installation running, #2 is quickest way of
running. Otherwise also, installing and running Flume is like a walk in the
park :)

You can also watch related discussion on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1286. There is some good info
in the JIRA.

thanks
ashish