Accumulo, mail # user - WALOG Design

Re: WALOG Design
John Vines 2013-09-26, 15:13
The in memory map gets divided to be used by all existing tablets on the
tserver. It has a manager which I think is pluggable (at one point it was)
which tries to be intelligent in allocating space to tablets which need/are
using space vs. idle tablets. But when a tablet's portion of the in memory
map is full, their entire portion of the map gets written at once. So you
can sort of manage minor compact files size by manipulating the size of the
in memory map, the number of tablets on a tserver, and this memory manager.

If the tserver has space, I think it gives the tablet a new hunk for it to
start to use to keep things streamlined. However, if things are really
backed up and memory is unable to be provided, the mutations will be
rejected and this error will propagate back to clients.