Bigtop >> mail # user >> TestJDBC Driver failing in Hive 0.11.0

TestJDBC Driver failing in Hive 0.11.0
I was trying to run TestJDBCDriver testcase from Bigtop-0.6-snapshot for
Hive-0.11.0

The test case is getting assertion failure due to the wrong rendering of
a query result.

When I do "Describe table" in Hive-0.11.0 I am getting the following
result:

hive> describe hive_jdbc_driver_test;

OK
key                     int                     None
value                   string                  None
Previously, with hive-0.10.0 the query result was:

hive> describe hive_jdbc_driver_test;
OK
key     int
value   string

As there are extra  whitespaces in the result for  Hive-0.11.0 the
assertion in TestJdbcDriver.java file :

    assertEquals("key", colNames.get(0));
    assertEquals("value", colNames.get(1));

is failing  with the following messages:

Results :

Failed tests:
testCreate(org.apache.bigtop.itest.hivesmoke.TestJdbcDriver):
expected:<key[]> but was:<key[                 ]>

I guess,  some trimming need to be done for the query result to remove
the extra white spaces.

Mark Grover 2013-06-19, 15:38
+
nabhajit ray 2013-06-20, 05:45