Hadoop >> mail # general >> [RESULT] Powered by Logo

Re: [RESULT] Powered by Logo
So there is a significant difference between the community of developers and
the PMC here and we definitely don't really have a consensus.

One good suggestion that I had was from Eli.  It sounds to me like his
objection (and possibly related objections) to the logo that I proposed was
based on the fact that the logo that I proposed matched the color scheme on
our web site.  In a side conversation (that obviously didn't officially
happen, being off-list), it seemed that he would be willing to push for
support for a logo with more flexibility in the way that core logo is
encircled.

In our conversation, it seems that a significant portion of the divergence
of opinion may simply be that different groups are attuned to their own
company or local community color palettes which makes logos tuned to other
color combinations much less attractive.

How about we have a logo family where the yellow elephant and "Powered by"
text is the core and the circle or its graphical equivalent is optional?

The intent would be to allow designers the freedom to help the logo conform
to their local look while maintaining a core identity?

Can we get consensus around that?