On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Setting a date is an approach that many projects follow (OpenJDK just
adopted this approach).  With that approach the project takes whatever
features are complete at the given time.  Other projects take the
approach of agreeing on a list of features and saying when those are
done, we release.  Accumulo has not formally adopted either approach,
periodically someone just proposes a release.   For 2.0.0 I am in
favor of setting a tentative date of Sep 1 for feature freeze.  We
already have a lot of good features committed.  I would like to see
some more added, but I would also like to see 2.0.0 released which is
why I am in favor of the date.