Mike D, good catch.  Our last report was due at the 18 Apr board meeting,
so I made a date range from 18 Apr to 17 Jul, which is the day before the
board meeting this month.  Those number may fluctuate between now and the
board meeting time but should stay constant after the 17.  To Mike Walch's
point, I summed the open and closed to get the total for created and closed
during the time range for both issues and PRs.

Josh, added a comment that we will review the contributors before the next
meeting.  Always happy to skip middle steps.

Thanks guys.

Mike

--------------

[DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache Accumulo - July 2018
The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
by Wednesday, Jul 11, 1 week before the board meeting on
Wednesday, Jul 18. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

I am a little earlier with this one since I will be on vacation 5-15 Jul.
My plan is to submit this report sometime on Mon, Jul 9.

Mike

----------

 - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
 store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
 features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
 processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
 top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:

 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

 - There were 2 new releases, Accumulo 1.9.0 and Accumulo 1.9.1 since
 the last report.  The 1.9.0 release [1] had a critical bug in the Write
 Ahead Log (WAL) process that is fixed in 1.9.1 [2].
 - The PMC approved the use of the Apache Accumulo trademark for the
   5th annual Accumulo Summit, to be held on October 15, 2018 in Columbia,
MD.
 - There were no new committers since the last report.  All committers
 are also PMC members.  We will review contributors during the next 3 months
 to see if anyone should be invited to become a committer.
 - The PMC decided to switch to using github issue for the project and all
 subprojects [3], which is why the Jira activity dropped off.  Github issues
 and pull request statistics are included below.
 - Another bug has been found in the WAL process and a 1.9.2 is in the
works.

## Health report:

 - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, issues
and pull
 requests remain constant.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 34 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Nick Felts on Thu Mar 22 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - See PMC changes, all committers are PMC members currently.

## Releases:

 - accumulo-1.9.0 was released on Tue Apr 17 2018
 - accumulo-1.9.1 was released on Sun May 13 2018

## Mailing list activity:

 - Nothing significant in the figures

## Issue activity:

 - 49 issued created [4] and 28 closed [5] in the last 3 months
 - 75 pull requests created [6] and 67 closed [7] in the last 3 months

[1]: https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-1.9.0/
[2]: https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-1.9.1/
[3]:
https://accumulo.apache.org/blog/2018/03/16/moving-to-github-issues.html