On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Eric Whyne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One footnote. The board has, in the past, approved 'meiosis' of TLP's.
Imagine that you accept the code as a contribution, and some of the
people involved are eventually voted onto the PMC here. If there is a
large enough, experienced enough, group that wishes to split off down
the line, they might not have to go through the incubator. I really
don't recommend _planning on that_, I suspect that such a plan would
receive unfavorable reviews. I think it's fine to accept their
contribution, let them come up to speed as committers and PMC members,
and just know that there are various options down the line.