No, the veto on tag creation would not halt a release. A release is
the source artifact. I can't imagine anybody would veto creation of a
tag to denote the branch from which that artifact was made, though. In
any case, I agree it's not a code change... it's a procedural step. I
was questioning it as a code change, since busbey indicated deletion
of a tag would be one.

Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii