On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Whether that's healthy depends on the depth of disagreement remaining
on the topic, and whether the resolution here turns on a veto or not.

I do not personally believe that the PMC power to veto a commit is
appropriately applied over this sort of disagreement. The community
could choose to use a majority vote to amicably resolve a disagreement
about something like this.

However, I also must admit that I've never been very comfortable with
my ability to articulate the principles behind the writings of the
various very-old-timers on the subject of commit vetos. I suggest that
the PMC invite jimjag or Roy to expound, unless someone else here
feels that they've internalized the Apache conventions well enough to
explain them. At the same time, there's no absolute requirement, as
far as I know, for every community to adopt the voting policies of the
HTTP project; but if the project ends up in an unhappy place then the
board is prone, I suspect, to be unsympathetic.

Since I'm already out on a limb because I don't have time to follow
this in detail, I'm going to exit the conversation here.