FYI, I just merged in the code to master because I finally made the time
to verify that wire-encryption worked. I know I have a little more
documentation (at the suggestion of a user at the Summit yesterday)
which I'll make sure happens.

I'm still happy to address any comments on the above reviews. I'll leave
them open for a few more weeks.

Generally speaking, for anything new that comes up related to
replication, please file a new ticket for it. There is a replication
component you can set in JIRA.