Hadoop, mail # general - Naming of Hadoop releases

Re: Naming of Hadoop releases
Owen O'Malley 2012-03-19, 00:07
Without working security, I don't think 0.22 should be moved out of the
0.22.x release numbering. I see that branch-0.22 has 12 fixes since 0.22.0,
which was 3 months ago. My read on those numbers is that there is some
adoption and therefore bug fixes, but no one is making major changes in the
branch.

In the same period of time, branch-0.23 has had 3447 commits and has built
up a community that is quickly pushing it forward. I'd support renaming the
future 0.23 releases as 2.x.y.

-- Owen